The PTA raises money to support educational enrichment at our schools through various fundraising activities.
How are the funds raised by the PTA used?
Funds raised by the PTA are used to support the teachers and staff in a variety of ways, which have included:
- Providing a back-to-school luncheon
- Classroom enrichment funds – $100 per full time teacher, prorated for part-time
- Coordinating Staff Appreciation Week in May
- Teacher Grants – past grants include games for Strategies Lab; registration for a teacher to attend a Mathematics Conference; robotics equipment; and the Enhanced Autism Class garden (2015)
- Special Projects – past projects include Realizing the American Dream program, laptops at Kings Glen, Teacher’s College staff development at Kings Park, additions to classroom libraries, the take home reading program, and the reading initiative.
- School Support – past initiatives include water fountains, library furniture, sensory pathways, and more!
Funds raised through the PTA also support enriching programs and activities for students, such as:
- Transportation for school field trips.
- Student planners
- School assemblies